Moving day is here! All your moving prep has led you to this very moment. You’ve checked off almost 100 items on this moving checklist to get you to this point. On the day of your move, make sure you get an early start. Start the day off right and get moving. The earlier you move in, the more time you will have to start unpacking and settling into your new home.
- Rise and shine! Set an alarm and get up early on moving day.
- Protect your floors and carpets during the move.
- They’ve worked hard for you all day, so tip your movers.
- As soon as your movers leave, make your bed and unpack your shower curtain and toiletries. This makes a nap and a shower so much easier. And let’s face it, it’s the first thing you’ll want to do post move.
- Get to know your neighbours!
- Go grocery shopping. At this point, you’ve eaten enough take out. Having food in the house will also prevent you from unnecessary spending.
- Don’t have curtains or shades yet? Cover your windows with sheets for privacy for your first night.